Thursday, August 30, 2007

The Ideal and the Real

I was in the newspaper/magazine place in the train station; looking for something to read on the ride. I ended up empty handed and feeling the way I usually do when I look for a magazine; dissappointed and wondering why with all the hundreds of different magazines there wasn't one that seemed worth getting. There's the New Yorker, but it only comes out once a week, and not every issue is a cover to cover "must read." I like music, but almost all music magazine are drivel- how many times can a person read the same "Jack and Meg are not brother and sister, but ex husand and wife" tidbit. I like fashion and pretty clothes, but fashion magazines don't really write about clothes and what people wear, they're just slick commercials selling me transience and the feeling that I don't make nearly enough money. The home design magazines are just as bad with their endless parade of high-end couples living lives that seem as far away from mine they may as well be living on Mars.

My head hurts and I'll have to finish this post later.

No comments: