Friday, November 30, 2007

Good News For Shut-Ins!

Saw Jeff Bezos on Charlie Rose last night hawking Amazon's new e-book thingy, the Kindle. He and Charlie kept holding up one and marvelling at it like those chimpmen with the bone at the beginning of 2001:A Space Odyssey. Maybe they could be cool and useful, but they look as ugly as a PC keyboard from 1991, and it's hard to imagine having the same tender feelings towards it as I do with my 1960's Signet Classic edition of A Journal of the Plague Year.
I guess I wasn't as entralled as Charlie and Jeff with the idea of being able to effortlessly lug around up to 200 books that I'll probably never get around to finishing. I'd probaby be depressed carrying my virtual e-bindle of unfufilled promise. <

1 comment:

quioui said...

a bindle! you has one?